Local markets are one of the greatest delights of trips to the South of France. The glorious town of Avignon (perhaps best known for the song about its famous bridge) also has a renowned market. In addition to exquisite regional foods and food products, the charming locals are out in full force. Particularly the character behind the chicken counter, who's known for breaking out into the French national anthem while plucking a chicken!
Whether you visit Avignon by land or on a Rhone river cruise, don't miss the market. And when you go, say 'bonjour' to the poultry vendor like BestTripTV did on our trip to Avignon... and see if he'll sing you the Marseillaise too!
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Where do you want to go?
You Should See
Related to Avignon, France
- 10 Amazing Facts about the Tasmanian Devil
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel to Croatia
- Travel Companies Offering Free Vacations to Frontline Workers - and How You Can Get Involved
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea
- 5 Little-Known Facts about Africa's 'Big Five' Animals